Thursday 13 December 2012

Choc Chip-Yes please....


This has to be one of the easiest recipes I have ever found- Courtesy of Donna Hay

Chocolate Chip Cookies. The mere thought of baking sweets sometimes sends me in to the corner and rocking. I am just not great with sweets. These however will have you jumping for joy and sending in entry forms for all the cooking shows-You will be your own master(Chef)

1 cup (175g) brown sugar
3/4 cup (165g) white sugar ( I used only a half  cup and they were plenty sweet enough)
150g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups of plain flour (all purpose),sifted
1/2 teaspoon of salt ( I omitted as I used salted butter)
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder,sifted
400g of chopped chocolate ( I cheated and used a packet of cadbury buds)

preheat oven to 160C (325F) Place the brown and white sugars,butter and vanilla into an electric mixing bowl and beat for 8-10mins or until pale and creamy. Add the egg beating well to combine. Add the flour and baking powder and beat on low speed until a dough forms.
Fold through the chocolate chips. Roll a large teaspoon into a ball, place on to a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. They spread quite a bit,so allow for growth!
Cook for 17-20mins or until golden. They will feel soft to touch whilst hot, but will harden on cooling.

Catch me if you can, I'm the chocolate (Wo)man! Take the dare, make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes comments are welcome, go on, dont be shy!