Tuesday 13 March 2012

Flying High, Rex style

My husband does a bit of travel for work...normally just overnighters. I know of some women who cringe at the thought of their husbands going away.. Not me. I like the me time, slightly selfish but who doesn't?  

I don't cook when he is away....before anyone cries "what about the children?" The children get fed, I just don't cook husband worthy meals. 
I get to watch what ever I like on tv, and even take charge of the remotes for the night. The volume button doesn't go above 14! Crazy huh!

He normally sends a text when he lands, so it was no surprise when one came through....although this time I laughed...a real LOL..

"got here safely,although it was a bit like flying high" arghhhh apart from being one of my favourite movies of all time, he didnt elaborate.... flying high is funny, but has a serious message too....planes crash..

He flies into a regional area..we are talking a 30min trip if that. That doesnt stop the service though,and it seems Rex goes all out to make sure that beverage is served. On his last trip there was a lot of turbulence. This isnt uncommon in a small plane. On this day there was more than the norm.....He told me he was sitting up the back (rebel status!) and as the stewardess was making her way down the "I can just fit down the aisle as long as I dont breathe out" aisle the bumps picked up a notch! 

Everyone that has flown knows its tricky walking in a plane at the best of times. Pretty sure that's why they have small aisles,it acts like a buffer zone to bounce off.

The bumpity bump bump got the better of the stewardess and whilst she tried to diligently do her job, even to the point of pushing the drinks cart on her knees, she had to eventually abandon post and cancel service...much to the dismay of my husband who had been patiently watching her struggle with the cart.


Today he flew off again, and messaged that the flight had been fine,no bumps...my first response "oh good, you got your beverage then?" 

He played it safe,and opted for water.....hot drinks and bumps dont fair well ;)

Thank goodness they didnt serve the fish............


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes comments are welcome, go on, dont be shy!